5/15/2012

Northern Winds at the Land Cut

Ran down to the Land Cut against my own intuition. Yep, northern winds just aren't that great for Land Cut fishing. Perhaps I should have gone to the meadows or fish emmords hole and pure oil on the eastern spoils side or even drift fished those areas. But, I went to the cut thinking I would take advantage of the forecasted wind shift from the east. With winds only at about 5 to 10 mph (basically calm) its been my experience that the bite is slow but when you do get one, it's worth the wait. The wind did shift to the east as forecasted but the hardheads became the main attraction. Today just didn't happen. Caught a nice speckled trout and a black drum for my efforts. Nice day to be on the water and hope to redeem myself soon.

Dave Alexander
dave@justgofishin.com

No comments: